We love cooking, so every weekend, we spend one to two hours going to the grocery store, thoughtfully picking out our groceries, and waiting in line to check out. Grocery shopping isn’t something we hate, but it did take up a lot of our short weekend time.
So, when a promo email arrived in our inbox offering a free month of “click and collect” groceries with the PC Express app… we decided to give it a try! And… we love it. Keep reading to find out why!
The Order: PC Express App
First of all, to do the online grocery order, we had to download the President’s Choice Express mobile app and log in with our PC Optimum ID.
Immediately, a list of our usual and occasional purchases showed up in the “Quick Shop” section of the app. This might seem kind of creepy, but it actually makes the ordering process go very quickly. And, we made less impulse buys because of the “Quick Shop” options!
We selected most of our items from the “Quick Shop” section, and had to search for a few other items. It’s pretty easy to search for anything that isn’t in your personalized list, as the app is very simple to navigate.
Once we finished loading up our cart, we had to check out. During the check out step, we chose our time slot for pick-up. There are 2-hour slots to choose from, and pick-up is for the next day. Unfortunately, it’s not a same-day pick-up.
The payment is very simple. The app saved our credit card details so we wouldn’t have to enter them again. And, we had a hold on our credit card with an estimated total of the order. As soon as we confirmed our order, we received a confirmation email with our estimated order total and pick-up details.
The Pick-Up: In Store
The next day, we went to the grocery store unsure what to expect. We were definitely nervous, especially since the credit card hold seemed high for what we ordered. But, the experience was positive and customer service was very helpful!
When we arrived at No Frills, we had to go to the customer service desk, which is next to the giant self-serve pantry of groceries for pick-up. At the desk, we found our order number on a whiteboard. Beside the order number, other numbers indicate the pantry door where we collect our items. Each department has a different pantry section, so we had multiple door numbers to open in order to get our groceries.
The entire pick-up process took under ten minutes, and was so simple. Plus, we got the paper receipt with our groceries, and the cost came in well under the hold on our credit card! Smooth pick-up experience in-store.
Pros & Cons
Overall, our experience with PC’s “click and collect” process has been very positive, both on the app and during the in-store pick-up. We will definitely continue to use this service! But, we have a couple negatives as well.
So, before you try out PC Express, read our list of additional pros and cons for a little more information.
- The personal shopper picked produce that was very robust and good quality, which is something we were initially worried about
- Ordering our groceries from home is convenient because we can check the kitchen to see if we’re running low on something instead of guessing at the store
- The self-serve aspect of the pick-up saves time so we don’t have to wait in any lineups
- We have the choice to use our own bags or get plastic bags
- If needed, we can add notes on the app so the personal shopper is aware of any dietary restrictions
- The app displays the nutrition label of packaged items, so we can check if we’re curious
- We can add a grocery list in-app for special recipe ingredients or items we don’t want to forget
- If we get a car, it’s possible to get the groceries loaded into the trunk and not enter the store at all
- A few items like fresh meat and seafood aren’t available on the app, so we buy those as a separate order when we’re at the grocery store
- There is one kind of yogurt we buy that has the wrong image on the app. So, the personal shopper thinks it’s out of stock and doesn’t add it to our order, even though it’s on the shelf in-store
- The service costs between $3-$5, but it saves us so much time that we will continue to use PC Express after the free month promo is over
Long Story Short…
If you want to save a lot of time every week, definitely try out the PC Express click and collect grocery shopping. It has changed our weekends for the better. We honestly don’t have enough good things to say about it. Click here to download it on the Apple Store!
Have any questions to ask or experiences with PC Express to share? Let us know in the comments below!